Friday, January 2, 2009

The year in review

2008 is done and we are living in 2009. All we can say is what a year. It is ironic that some have called it the "Year of Change." We started out 2008 by finding out that we were expecting Hope. Holli can definitely attest to the fact that it was a very rough year for her. I don't remember someone that sick for that long. It was a relief and challenge when Hope arrived but we know it was well worth the journey. Hope has quickly grown so much since August and will through 2009. We'll continue to follow Hope as she grows and cover the things that happen in our lives. Christmas for us wraps up with a visit to my parents' home in Alvordton. This year with Hope it was really special and particularly fun for us. Hope it was a great holiday for everyone. And now to 2009. Well, I can honestly say I have no idea what is in store. Work for myself is going good enough and hope to become a Senior Biologist by the end of this year. Not sure if it will happen but I have almost fulfilled my requirements for this position. Holli is planning on staying home with Hope as long as she wants and we financially can. I think it is doing a world of good for Hope. I wish everyone a great 2009. May it be better than 2008. Also, as we continue this blog any tips or ideas for improvement would be accepted. Like raising Hope, this is a work in progress.

Take Care,

John, Holli, Hope, Chase, & Scarlet

No comments: